twenty eight, feelin’ great
this past tuesday marked my 28th birthday, and i said this last year when i turned 27, but… twenty eight… seriously?!
just to backtrack for a minute… on may 10th, 2015, i was in l.a., hoping that my plan to leave new york for the best coast would end up working out… not knowing where i was going to live or work… how or if i was going to make new friends… and a year later, i’m here, working at a company i love, and surrounded by some of the most amazing people i’ve ever met… pretty. effing. insane.
last year i made a list of 27 things i’d learned in my 27 years on the planet, and this year i thought i would keep the tradition alive, but instead of 28 life lessons i thought i would list twenty eight things i’m grateful for. practicing gratitude has become a part of my morning routine over the past few months, and it just seemed fitting. so, here goes nothin’.
- for my family and friends, near and far. they are the most important things in my life, always and forever.
- that it doesn’t snow in l.a… ever.
- for my job at snacknation and all of the amazing people it has brought into my life.
- for my big girl apartment.
- that i no longer have to take public transportation… ever.
- for music, especially the way it brings people together.
- for the beach [where i could go every day if i wanted to.]
- for my morning routine, even though i over sleep from time to time and have no time to do it.
- that my hard work is paying off, even if it took longer than i thought it should have.
- for re-discovering my love of camping. seriously, my amazon cart is full of camping gear after going to joshua tree a few weeks ago.
- for blogging and having this creative outlet to do what i really love to do… write!
- for yoga.
- that leo finally won an oscar. about damn time.
- for puppies. still don’t have one of my own, but one of these days that’s going to change.
- for coffee. not sure how people make it by without it.
- that i broke up with the scale and haven’t looked back.
- that i took the leap and moved to l.a. i’ve never felt more at home.
- that i can workout outside all. year. round. [hello, hiking!]
- for the people in my life who call me out on my sh*t.
- for learning how to put myself out there.
- for being able to say that i’m making serious progress with mastering my mean girl.
- for pizza. never not grateful for pizza. and also grateful for margaritas.
- for the bad days. they make the good days even better.
- for weekends away when i can disconnect from social media and my phone… and reality.
- that i said “yes!” to almost everything for a while, but grateful that i’m starting to say “no” again.
- to be going to the u.k. in july with my family. nothing gets me excited quite like traveling does.
- that i’ve adopted the “i.d.g.a.f.o.s.” mindset. because there’s no point in being miserable.
- and last, but not least, i’m grateful for having another amazing year to look forward to!
sign up for my newsletter!
follow me on instagram!
posts by topic
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (1)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (5)
- May 2016 (4)
- April 2016 (4)
- March 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (4)
- November 2015 (6)
- October 2015 (8)
- September 2015 (7)
- August 2015 (10)
- July 2015 (8)
- June 2015 (9)
- May 2015 (10)
- April 2015 (10)
- March 2015 (9)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (11)
- December 2014 (10)
- November 2014 (7)
- October 2014 (11)
- September 2014 (8)
- August 2014 (4)
- July 2014 (2)