motivation mondays: week 48
good morning, and happy monday! [i really hate this phrase, but stay tuned, it will make sense why i’m using it in a minute … ] i hope you had a restful weekend and that the week ahead of you is lookin’ just as good.
today’s motivation mondays quote is brought to us by one of my people in the public eye these days … i love everything she does and literally would do just about anything to be friends with her … so, uh … mindy, if you’re reading this … wanna do brunch this weekend? lmk … i’m buying!
this gets back to the whole “mindset is half the battle” thing i know i’ve talked about before. for example, at the beginning of this post i said, “happy monday!” even though i hate people who say, “happy monday!” because it helps get me into the mindset that even though the weekend is over … it’s all good. it’s a new week and a new chance for great things to happen.
apply this to just about anything … when you wake up on a monday and all you want to do is sleep … when you just got dumped by the guy you’ve been seeing for a few months via email [true story right there] and your friends are trying to drag you out to the bar, but you would rather stay in, cry and eat ice cream … when you put on that dress for the big event you’ve been waiting for and it’s a little tighter than it was when you bought it … put on your effing lip gloss and pretend to be psyched. nine times out of ten, putting your best foot forward will make you forget about whatever it was that was bugging you and had you in a funk in the first place [at least for the time being].
fake it till you make, right?
links i love right now:
1. i have posts featured on a few other blogs right now … a smoothie recipe round-up over at wellspired, where i’m a regular contributor, and on the integrative nutrition recipe blog, which featured my favorite zucchini noodles recipe last week.
2. after the shooting in oregon last week, this article called out politicians for hiding behind mental health instead of addressing the real issue, gun control, when these types of tragedies happen. something needs to change, amiright?
3. my friend alexis started a blog, balance bride, that’s perfect for any bride-to-be who is wanting to look and feel her best for her big day … so go show her some love!
be sure to come back over this way on wednesday for a fall-inspired recipe you don’t want to miss [yes, it involves pumpkin, duh].
photo courtesy of the alison show
motivation mondays: week 47
i can’t believe it’s already monday again…the past few weekends have gone by wayyyyy too quickly. there just aren’t enough hours in the day, days in the week, etc. for everything i want to do … i’m beginning to establish a routine to try to solve this dilemma, and it’s slowly coming along … but i’ll talk more about this in a blog post later! let’s talk motivation mondays!
to me, this is a reminder to not force anything, to let whatever happens … happen. often, when we’re trying to force something, we’re going against the “plan” that the universe has in place for us, and there is no need to struggle, especially if we keep in mind that everything will be okay in the long run. be open to new opportunities, people and ideas. if life takes an unexpected turn, ride it out. if people come into your life unexpectedly, welcome them. if things don’t work out how you thought they would, accept it. deal with the upset, the pain, the heartbreak however you need to, but then leave it behind you. go with the flow. sometimes the best things in life are the things we least expected.
links i loved this weekend:
1. did everyone get a chance to see the blood moon last night? i did … and i actually had a pretty good view of it from my apartment here in l.a.! it’s significant for more than one reason … you know … if astrology is your kinda thing [it’s slowly becoming mine].
2. so this is my new favorite instagram account … this girl is living my definition of “the dream”.
3. and a special thanks to my best friend lacey for showing me this over the weekend … had me laughing pretty good.
have an amazing week … see you on wednesday!
photo courtesy of nautical wheeler
motivation mondays: week 46
sorry i’m a little late getting this post live today … my mom was visiting me in sunny los angeles this weekend and helping get me a little more settled here … we covered a lot of ground, ate some great food, drank some drinks and did some shopping … i even signed a lease on a shiny new car, which is seriously a game changer. still working on getting some furniture for my apartment, but seriously, baby steps.
so, here we go! motivation mondays! i saw this on pinterest [where i get all of my motivation mondays inspiration, let’s be honest here] and i loved it because it’s so freakin’ true and something i really had never thought of looking at this way before.
sometimes i think we can get hung up on what we want to do and can become so focused on doing it [not that this is a bad thing] that we miss other opportunities. we put all of our time and energy into something, and if it doesn’t work for us, we get upset and beat ourselves up and get into the “what am i doing wrong?” mindset. we rarely consider that some things just aren’t going to work for us because they aren’t supposed to.
it can be hard to come to terms with this because when we want something so badly we can’t imagine what will happen if it doesn’t work out. sometimes, as hard as it might be, you need to come to terms with the fact that maybe you’re pushing for something that isn’t right for you and start exploring new options, at the very least knowing that you tried and gave it your all.
often it’s not us, it’s the way we’re doing something or where we think we’re headed that’s the problem. and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. time will tell you where you should go, and i’m a big believer that everything works out in the long run. patience and persistence pay off, but so does flexibility and openminded-ness.
links i love this week:
1. my friend sean has an article on the infatuation today … pretty freakin’ awesome, considering my obsession with all things food and the infatuation‘s current status in the foodie world!
2. this LITERALLY killed me. too good. TOO REAL. anyone who has a love/hate relationship with spinning will be able to relate.
3. animal rescue is a cause that is very near and dear to my heart, and the work that new york bully crew does is amazing. they take in dogs from horrible situations in the worst condition imaginable and do it all from the support of their volunteers. please, if you have anything to spare, consider donating to them … anything helps and they need all the help they can get!
see you back over here on wednesday for a fall themed post [can you believe that summer is over?!] and on friday we’re gonna talk all about routines and why they’re so important and can be so beneficial to our health.
have a great week!
Photo courtesy of Jon Van Gilder
motivation mondays: week 45
okay gang! it’s been a while, and i really appreciate you all hangin’ in there with me during my mini-hiatus … it’s been a process getting settled over here in sunny california, which has messed up my routine in many, many more ways than one, but this week, i’m back and i can promise that you’ll see posts going up as per the regular schedule (monday, wednesday and friday).
before we get to this week’s quote, let’s pause to talk about the fig and goat cheese ice cream with pecan crumble i had last night:
yep. that happened. sweet rose creamery at the brentwood country market makes fresh ice cream daily and they have some of the most unique flavors, including this one, that i’ve ever seen for ice cream. yea, you should go. not even a question.
this week for motivation mondays, i want to talk about the importance of your attitude when dealing with juuussstttt about anything:
your attitude can impact a whole lot more than you probably realize. worrying, thinking negatively, or not believing in yourself can be really detrimental to the outcome of any given situation. if you think you can’t do something, i promise you, you can’t. believing that you’re capable of achieving something you’ve never done before is more than half the battle.
i mean … let’s think about it … if you don’t think you can, who else is going to? probably no one. whatever you focus on, whatever you think is going to happen, you give power to.
so, you should start trying to be positive. believe in yourself. even if it’s only for one millisecond every day, it’s better than never believing in yourself. attitude has a greater impact than we’ll probably ever realize, but we can start using the power of our minds in a positive way almost immediately, because it’s something that we actually do have control over, unlike so many of the other variables playing into our lives.
what’s one area in your life where you can start changing the way you’re thinking, the way you’re seeing yourself or talking to yourself? share in the comments below … or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
links I’m loving:
1. you know i love a good puppy video, and this little game of tug-of-war is no exception. i mean, seriously?!
2. have you guys seen my most recent post on wellspired? it’s a round-up of my favorite healthy, happy products that you should try immediately.
3. and finally, if you haven’t already, sign up for my newsletter! i’ve got plans to totally revamp it, and you’re going to want to be in on it … so go sign up!
see you back here on wednesday with a new product review that i know you guys are going to love!
motivation [mondays] tuesday: wayne dyer edition
good morning everyone! i apologize for the delay in getting this week’s motivation mondays post up…i had one all scheduled to go, but when i heard that dr. wayne dyer had passed away sunday evening, i just felt like i needed to start the week off with a little delay to honor his amazing soul and all of the work he did in his lifetime … so, let’s jump right into it, shall we?
if you aren’t familiar with dr. dyer, he was a self-help guru, author of countless books and one of the leading voices on the power and importance of spirituality. his work has touched millions of people throughout the world and his legacy will last for many years to come.
this is one of my favorite quotes of his:
to me, this quote is all about having the courage to be yourself, without worrying about what others will think of you. it’s a really important topic that’s been in the news so much lately, and while there is a lot of negativity and hatred in the world, i truly believe that there is more positivity and love … we just need to know where to find it.
don’t be afraid to go after something that you want. don’t be afraid to express yourself. don’t be afraid to make mistakes along the way. the only thing worth regretting is not showing the world and the people in it who you are…what you were put on planet to do. do whatever it is that you want to do … and really do it. there is not half-assing anything…what’s the point of only kinda following your dreams and living your purpose? there isn’t. so show the world who you are and never. stop. doing it.
links I love:
1. WOW, i loved this article … perfect is boring and if you’re perfect you can’t go anywhere.
2. um, so I had the pleasure of meeting my first #instafamous dog on saturday … ever heard of jiff?! if not, educate yourself immediately because he’s the cutest, sweetest little teddy bear of all time.
3. yep, #accurate.
have an amazing week … check back wednesday and friday for some new posts and also stay tuned for more of me on prana writes!
sign up for my newsletter!
follow me on instagram!
posts by topic
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (1)
- June 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (5)
- May 2016 (4)
- April 2016 (4)
- March 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (4)
- November 2015 (6)
- October 2015 (8)
- September 2015 (8)
- August 2015 (10)
- July 2015 (11)
- June 2015 (11)
- May 2015 (11)
- April 2015 (11)
- March 2015 (12)
- February 2015 (12)
- January 2015 (12)
- December 2014 (11)
- November 2014 (9)
- October 2014 (15)
- September 2014 (11)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (4)